REPORTS TO : VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATION (VPO)
SUPERVISES: CONFERENCE SERVICES MANAGER, MAINTENCE AND CUSTODIAL STAFF
LAST UPDATED: MARCH 2023
SUMMARY OR RESPONSIBILITES: The incumbent, reporting to the VPO, directs leads and oversees a range of facilities related functions, which include:
• Capital Improvements: serves as project manager and main point of contact for construction and capital improvements at IAIA.
• Facilities Department: Supervise the facilities staff. Manage the department’s administrative and project delivery processes including services provided by external vendors and/or contractors. Oversee the department’s operating budget.
• Security: Oversees the college’s 3rd party security contractors and acts as a liaison between IAIA and the contractor’s senior management.
• Internal to IAIA: In collaboration with senior leadership and managers, ensure effective delivery of facilities and maintenance services.
• External to IAIA: Oversee IAIA’s capital program communications and adherence to approvals in accordance with prescribed processes.
The position is responsible for effectively managing multiple integrated policy, management, and administrative processes in a public higher education environment. The incumbent will interact with staff, administrators, and executives within and outside of IAIA. The quality of the communications and work of this individual will convey to IAIA, state and design and construction professionals how the Institute conducts its business. Supports IAIA’s mission, vision, and core values.